Making You Wait


Here is something I wrote 3 and half years ago.

I'm sitting here surfing the net and listening to snippets of Jill Scott's new album. The album is a beautiful work of art! I just love it. Jill Scott is explaining the premise behind each song and one in particular caught my attention: Making You Wait. To sum up what she says in the introduction is that she has decided that in any new relationship it will not be that easy to get in, she is making him wait.

Making You Wait/Making Him Wait in my 39 years of life soon to be 40 years and in my years of dating I am more convinced now that Making Him Wait is definitely the way to go. Make him wait before you open up your purse. Make him wait before you open up your heart and for damn sure make him wait before you open up your wallet. Waiting has such a negative connotation. We think waiting is sitting around and doing nothing or that waiting is a sign of passivity or laziness. Waiting is actively serving or living your life while what you are expecting is in the stages of manifestation. I have learned that if you live your life and pursue fulfilling your life's destiny and purpose every thing will work out.

While waiting learn active listening. Listen his spoken and unspoken cues. Little glimpses into his life and psyche. As I always say if you make him feel comfortable enough he will reveal all that you need to know. You will be able to make an intelligent decision on whether or not to continue the relationship or to call it quits. He just might reveal some of those You Forgot To Tell Me That! moments. Those things that will cause you to reconsider opening  up to him and he may reveal some things that will cause you to run into his arms.

Remember that you are worth Making Him Wait.

Comments